Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week in Review: 8/23-8/29

This week was supposed to be relaxing...

Monday night, Craig came over and we went over to Walmart at 11:30 pm to pick up some odds and ends fof our new apartment and to the new Hunger Games book (Mockingjay) at the midnight release (8/24).   We were strolling around the back of the store looking for stuff while Alaina was off on her own searching for something else at around 11:58pm when we noticed a large group congregating around the electronics desk.  Then I saw it - the box of Mockingjays... We got in line behind about 10 people.  The employee said they only had 24 copies, and started asking people how many copies they wanted.  Several people in the front wanted 3 or more, but once they realized that the line was getting longer and many Hunger Games fanatics would be enraged, they settled for one or two.  Craig and I got our copies, met up with Alaina, and left the store victorious.

On Wednesday, NuSkin, who Alaina works for, had their annual summer party, except this year it was at Seven Peaks instead of Lagoon.  They had a delicious dinner consisting of pork sandwiches, hamburgers with all the fixings, beans, fruit, potato chips, and soda. I had two pork sandwiches and two hamburgers...mmmm....  We then went on the half pipe ride and once around the lazy river, but Alaina got to cold, and I got too side tracked with all the free food stands all over the park.  We had nachos, churros, ice cream, and snow cones.  It was heaven for me...  Heaven for Alaina was when we found some hidden jaccuzis and finally got warm.  It was a delightful evening.

When Alaina went outside to go to work at 7am on Friday, she noticed that my passenger side window had been smashed to pieces.  She came back in and informed me that my car had been broken into, but I told her to go ahead to work or she'd be late.  She went back out to her car only to discover that her car had also been broken into and our GPS had been stolen.  She left for work, and I went out and discovered that my one week old fancy sunglasses and my one month old receiver for my car radio had been stolen.  I spent the next hour or so calling the police, calling my insurance company, waiting for the police for a half hour, reporting the two incidents, and discovering that at least two other people in our cul-de-sac had been robbed as well.  Not a nice welcome to the neighborhood, but at least they didn't break into our apartment while we were sleeping and kill us...

On a more pleasant note, Friday was DeeAura's birthday, so we ate at Happy Sumo with most of the old Omni gang, and then went back to our old stomping ground for dessert and mingling (which means Alaina socialized while Todd played Angry Birds on his iPod touch).  We had better than anything and funfetti cake.  It was nice to see our old friends again.

Saturday was mostly a rest day, but we did drive out to Sandy for Chris and Lydia's second wedding reception.  They had it catered by Coldstone, which was delicious.  The view from their backyard was spectacular.

Today we went to our new ward for the first time since we've been at our wedding and Alaina's little brother's wedding the last two weekends.  However, Alaina still is feeling sick since before our wedding, so we only stayed for Sacrament meeting.  (I always feel bad doing that, but I made Alaina go to bed so she could recover).

*Alaina now speaking
Todd has basically been waiting on me hand and foot all weekend. On Saturday, I literally thought I was going to die, and the only time I felt even a little bit better was if I was lying down. I spent the entire day in bed while Todd baked Lemon Poppy seed bars and went out to the store trying to find any and every cure he could for me. They all seem to be working, hope, hope, hope, I at least feel a bit better today. Todd also cooked dinner for us of Spaghetti and garlic bread (extra garlic).

After church he made me go to bed, but guess what?! We saw some cool people in our new ward, that I actually know! A small miracle considering I never went to BYU. Dani and Dave, I know them through Dee, I actually took Dani's old bedroom when she got married.
Today chef Todd made grilled cheese sandwiches on our new sandwich cooker (I have always wanted one of those things!) it works wonders.

Now I am bored, and know I will not sleep tonight if I don't get out of bed for at least a little while, so we are blogging... and Todd is heating up garlic bread for a not quiet midnight snack  :)
I have a great husband 

Tomorrow is Todd's first day of school, his backpack is all packed and we are going to have a power breakfast in the morning. "keep 'em full keep 'em focused"
He is going to do great!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! I'm famous! I made the blog! TWICE!

    POW!

    Oh, and this is excellent. I applaud this blogging effort. Many happy returns. :)

    ReplyDelete